Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Blood and Flowers



Okay, so this morning, I had to go have bloodwork done, and well, let's put it this way...even the lab worker made a comment about how much they had ordered drawn! Needless to say, I nearly passed out. Yep. I was a little queasy and all, but I was fine...and she just kept changing vials, and changing vials...and changing vials, and I thought "This is never going to END!!!" And I was just getting sicker and sicker, until I knew I was about to go. She'd been asking me, "Are you okay?" "Are you okay?" Finally, I said, "No," and she made me talk to her (of course, all I can think of is, "I'm going to be sick!") so she could get the needle out and they could force a bottle of water down me before moving me to the little reclining chair I had often wondered before what was for...now I know. Anyway, so then they make me drink OJ and eat a honey bun, and I started feeling better. Of course, then I started shaking all over...I do that. It's very embarrassing. When I nearly pass out or just nervous...yeah, I shiver. Go figure. Anyway, as it was, she didn't get finished, but rather than subject me to more horror, she split one of the vials so I could be done. Bless her!




So, then, this afternoon, feeling much better, and me and my darling little girl went out to repot some of my flowers today. I hope to get my roses in the ground this weekend. As it is, they seem pretty happy in the pots. I hope I don't make them mad by moving them. :)

No comments: