Thursday, October 21, 2010

Getting Festive

Well, I'm finally getting around to decorating for Halloween...and I sooo love Halloween--always have. I mean, dressing up in costume, pretending to be someone of fantasy, and then getting fed mounds of candy for your efforts...and, of course, add in all the beautiful fall colors, the pretty plump orange pumkins (my very favorite color!), the nice cooler weather, not to mention it's the start of all the holiday season...so much still to look forward to. I mean, come on! What's NOT to love about it?!

Of course, the boys aren't really into costumes...as in, they HATE to put anything on their head or wear anything that's not absolutely comfortable, so they're going to be the same thing they were last year--skeletons (The bones are printed on sweats, so they like those. LOL) Still, never thought I'd see the day when I was okay with the same costume two years in a row (New costumes is half the fun!) shrug. Kids have their own way of doing things, that's for sure! :) They do, at least, love the IDEA of Halloween and are totally into the ghosts (which they call "Boos"), bats, and pumpkins. You should have seen them at the grocery store, going down the frozen food aisle the other week... It was done up elaborately in ghosts, bats, skeletons, the works! The boys would both go "It's a BOO! Agh!" then shiver and say "I skeered!" And then both would break out into very loud giggles. They love PRETENDING to be scared! So funny!

And now if Little Bit can just make up her MIND, I'll be all set...that is, if I finish my hat in time...(pics later...when I get it done...)




No comments: