Monday, March 16, 2009

Baking Day

Okay, so today is baking day. I've got four loaves of whole wheat bread rising in a semi-warm oven; I can't wait until they're done. I think I could eat a whole loaf just by myself. :) But I have found, since they take so long to make...like half a day with all that rising!!! Especially with three kids underfoot...that I do so much better to make more than I need, then freeze the rest for later. And it freezes really well, I'm glad to say. I just wrap it in plastic wrap, then again in tin foil, and there you go. Just thaw and slice, and since I like my bread warm, I pop a few slices into the microwave, and they taste just like I sliced them off a new warm out of the oven loaf. :)

I did some scrapbooking today. It's kind of bad when you realize you have, like, a hundred pages done of your first child, and like five of the next two. LOL So, I thought I might ought to do a few, so maybe they won't have a complex later about it. :) Thankfully, they are boys, and my mother assures me they won't care as much as a daughter would about those sorts of things. Not that they won't appreciate it, but they're not as apt to count how many pages they have, whereas I KNOW my daughter would. But anyway, I did their first birthday, well, at least half of it. I have to scrap the pages from when they were at my in-laws on their birthday, but I got the rest done. And one of my daughter riding her uncle's tractor. Too cute! Now, I need to get a few of the "baby" pics done. I'm so behind. I have made a sort of pact with myself, though. I will no longer try to scrap every picture of every event of our lives. LOL I will, however, pick out the pictures I find extra cute or events that are very important (say, first Christmas) and scrap one or two pages of those. Not eight! :) I tend to go overboard sometimes....

Well, my daughter is trying to get me to spell every word she knows, I think...and the boys are done with their crackers, so off to continue...

No comments: