Tuesday, April 14, 2009

new baby quilt

So, I finally pieced the first of my baby quilts to take to the fair. I hope to get at least three done, maybe more, but I have a lot of little stuff I want to get done, too, and I am not sure how much I can get finished in the time I have left. shrug. Oh, well. I'll do the best I can. Like I said, hopefully at least three. I really like this fabric. It's very modern and "different." I'm not a big fan of the traditional baby quilt fabrics...all pastels with small woodland animals scattered everywhere with lots of ribbons and bows. And teddy bears. I think I am one of the only people in the world that really just doesn't like teddy bears. No, wait. Neither does my daugther. LOL Okay, so there's two of us. :) She's such an odd duck, too. She likes "odd" animals. In fact, she got an "Easter penguin" in her basket Sunday. She has an almost life-sized alligator, several dragons, and a dinosaur that she loves to pieces, though she also loves her many puppies and cats, so there is some semblance of normalcy in her toy choices. Still, she will NOT play with teddy bears. Anyhow, thought I'd share a picture of my newest quilt. I think it would look very pretty in either a boy's room or a girl's. I'll have to post again when it's all quilted and done.

Have a good Tuesday!

No comments: