Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thrifty me!

Okay, so I realize two things...1. I am not very good at remembering to take the time to sit down and blog about what I've done and 2. I suppose that this makes it look like I accomplish nothing. Not true. Really, it isn't. :)

Anyway, I did these pants of Little Bit's so long ago, but I never got around to taking a picture and posting them, though I am so incredibly proud of myself for them.





First of all, I got the pants (actually THREE pairs of pants, two jeans and one kind of parachute pants material khakis) for 10 cents a piece at a yard sale!!! I so love good finds like that. The only thing wrong with them....holes in the knees. Naturally. What kid doesn't wear holes in the knees of their pants??? But I'm looking at them, and inspiration struck. I thought, "Hey, I can put patches over them, and they'll be good to at least wear to play in, so I won't have to worry about her messing up her good ones outside in the back yard..." That was the plan, then I got the patches and more inspiration struck. "Hey, what if I cut the patches into cute shapes and embellish with embroidery?" Is it wrong to like her play clothes more than her "nice" ones???

Anyway, she loves them, and I got away paying only about $2 a pair for them. (Though the khakis were fine, only missing a button, I think, and needed no such attention). She esp. likes THIS pair in the pics, because of the little bird. I admit it, though, I like it, too. She and I kind of have this weird thing for birds. Go figure. For Christmas, she picked out a blank journal with a bird on a branch on the cover. I, of course, LOVE it. (I would have loved anything she picked out, but dang it, if the girl doesn't have taste!) :)

So, not a very festive post, but at least I managed to get something up for the month of December. :)

Happy New Year all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the little bird!