Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Tunic


So, I finished a tunic/shirt I had in mind for this fall. It's officially called a "summer" tunic (from Heather Ross's book, Weekend Sewing), but I'm assuming she didn't have Florida summers in mind. It will be perfect for this fall, however, when the evenings start to get a little chilled. As well as I think it did turn out (and it's super comfortable), I think it would look a little better in a slightly thinner fabric. I'm worried this one was just a hair too stiff to flow just right. I'd been worried about that when I cut it out, but it's very soft, and I got it on sale, so I thought I'd give it a go. You just hate to try a brand new pattern on your expensive stuff FIRST, before you know if you like the way it will turn out, you know? Anyway, it's a pretty simple pattern. Shouldn't have any trouble turning out about two or three more of them. :) I've already got the fabric lined up and waiting, one of which I've had for over a year, staring at me while I wondered what to do with it. It's a thin gauzy-like material, but very Bohemian looking with brown and greens...very pretty. I can't wait to see how it will turn out. I'll let you know... (By the way, let me also apologize for my lack of self-photography skills...or proper lighting...)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought it was a nice abstract photo (camera instead of head!).
:)