Friday, August 13, 2010

Getting Ready for School

I promised Little Bit I'd make her a pencil case out of her favorite new "penguin" material (it actually has a LOT of other animals on it, but THAT's the one she zones in on, of course!). But it was kinda' thin, and I was afraid she'd rip it or poke a sharpened pencil through it. (She is certainly NOT dainty or even CAREFUL with anything...more like a tornado through a china shop most days.) So, I opted for denim with a reverse applique of one of the little penguins. I used the adorable pattern/tutorial from orange flower. I didn't do the pieced fabric, as the tutorial did, so I just kinda' quilted in little patterns over the whole thing and used coordinating (with the penguin fabric) dots for the inside. I think it turned out quite nice. :) (Though sewing the second half of the zipper up was a PAIN AND A HALF!) Still, success. And she loves it, which is what matters, anyway. :)





(note: I really need to find a better place to take pictures...the lighting stinks!)

No comments: