Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fall Pics...a good deal late...

So, life happens, and I apologize for the fact that I can't keep up with my posts of late. I will try and do better in the future. Consider that a new year's resolution of mine, I guess. :) But anyway, here are pics from our Fall Festival at church (we were supposed to dress up old fashioned, so I made Little Bit and me a patchwork skirt and head scarf from a pattern in Sandi Henderson's Sewing Bits and Pieces.)




The other pics are from Halloween. I didn't make Little Bit's cotume. Rather it was my witch costume my mother made me when I was a little girl. I did get her the cool striped tights and a new hat, as my old hat had long since succombed to moth food. And I painted her face with Ben Nye's Lumiere Palette ...left over from my stash of stage makeup from way back when. (And it is, by far, the most AWESOME stuff to paint faces for Halloween. Once you've tried real stage makeup, the stuff they carry at the costume stores just won't do it for you any more...) I also have the plain color one, too. Not that I love Halloween or anything... :)





I did, however, make the boys' costumes. I painted glow in the dark spider webs on black sweats, and crocheted little spider web/spider hats, and little spider amigurumi to go on their clothes. They, too, had to have their faces painted. Of course.






All in all, it was a very lovely, fun Halloween! I will try and not wait until January to post next year's pics!


No comments: